Clowning - Body, States and Play with Silvia Leblon (BR)
7 to 9 Sep.
Fri 18:00 - 22:00
Sat 11:00 - 19:00
Sun 11:00 - 18:00
The clown mirrors human imperfection, fragility and perplexity facing life. It represents the ability to laugh at oneself and thus brings lightness in the depth. The clown plays. Joy is health. Clown is good for life.
This workshop uses particular games, dynamics and physical exercises to explore varied states of being. It is a joyfull and moving creative process, which enables us to access a very liberating feeling of spontaneity of being who we are.
“We need to build a clown who speaks to today, that is not just a collection of gags, but an archetype that reveals the essence of the performer.
This is clown that gives us a larger sense of the divine in each of us, that celebrates our humanness, our animalness, and the times that we can touch each other in a moment of laughter.” Richard Pochinko
REQUEST A SCHOLARSHIP :
Send a message here specifying the desired scholarship and justifying your request. Once you receive our approval, you shall complete payment to save your place.
Use consciousness of your financial condition to decide upon an appropriate amount for that exchange. Find a good balance between what you can afford, what you would like to pay, and how much you think the course is worth. The price reflects an investment in yourself, in the teacher, and in the costs for the course to take place.
Regular Price - 210€
Scholarship A - 4 free places
Scholarship B - 3̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶s̶ - 50€ 1 place left
Scholarship 3 - 3̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶s̶ - 35€ 1 place left
CONTENT of the practice:
• Somatic methods and movement exploration
‣ integrated anatomy/ layers of physical body:
✓ bones ✓organs ✓skin ✓subtle body ✓energy-kinesphere
‣ use of weight and alignment
‣ mobility through space levels
‣ balance of tonus and effort
‣ variation of speed
• Pre-expressivity and dance-theater improvisation
‣ moving image awareness
‣ composition awareness
‣ pauses and dynamic stillness
‣ uses of look
‣ grounding tools
‣ cleansing of gestural conditioning
* the Workshop is an introduction to the practice and it will cover only part of this content.
BENEFITS you can get:
The practice is for everyone who is interested on:
• increasing awareness in the body
• increasing precision on movement and action
• expanding presence on life
• expanding presence on stage
• exploring expression through body
• finding the innocence of present in the movement experience
• meeting new sensations and states of being and move
• training endurance of attention and investigation
• learning how to turn your personal experience in scenic expression
• practicing acceptance and receptivity
• gaining flow and outflow of energy, tensions and emotions
• exercising give and receive care / attention
XICA LISBOA has taught scenic body, dance and improvisation for stage performers, children and beginners since 2003 and takes ongoing craniosacral therapy education. She has also collaborated with theater groups and magician, as a trainer/coach for the use of the body on stage. Her concern is the internal experience of the body as a means for expanding presence and awareness. Presence both on stage as well as for fullness on life. Xica is interested in art and somatic practices as a possibility of distinguished use of time and space within the reality in which we live, regarding to subjects such as attention, relation and care.