"Love is the quality of attention we pay to things." - J.D. McClatchy
SENSING BODY means to feel, to perceive the body through our senses and sensations, as well as to make sense through the body, a body that experiences meaning.
It is a practice on attention, addressing to enrich the experience of body-being.
Aimed at performers as well as any person with motivation to expand feeling-awareness and expressivity, and willingness to movement investigation.
CONTENT of the practice:
• Somatic methods and movement exploration
◦ integrated anatomy/ layers of physical body:
✓ bones ✓organs ✓skin ✓subtle body ✓energy-cinesphere
◦ use of weight and alignment
◦ mobility through space levels
◦ balance of tonus and effort
◦ variation of speed
• Pre-expressivity and dance-theater improvisation
◦ moving image awareness
◦ composition awareness
◦ pauses and dynamic stillness
◦ uses of look
◦ grounding tools
◦ cleansing of gestural conditioning
BENEFITS you can get:
The practice is for everyone who is interested on:
• increasing awareness in the body
• increasing precision on movement and action
• expanding presence on life
• expanding presence on stage
• exploring expression through body
• finding the innocence of present in the movement experience
• meeting new sensations and states of being and move
• training endurance of attention and investigation
• learning how to turn your personal experience in scenic expression
• practicing acceptance and receptivity
• gaining flow and outflow of energy, tensions and emotions
• exercising give and receive care / attention
"As an actress and performer this continuous process is essential for my professional care, and I strongly recommend all workshops and classes for anyone, as knowing and understanding how we function, listen to our movements, observe our body mechanisms, bring a totally new experience to the way we live."
Fernanda Valdivieso, actress, dancer and performer, BR / DE
“Xica's classes are an incredible experience. Knowledge, fun, pleasure and dance. Highly recommend to everyone!”
Felipe Sant’Angelo, actor, director, playwright and screenwriter, BR
"Having done yoga since a couple of years I am not short on knowing how to "feel" into my body. The more surprised I was to find this is somethig totally different from other bodywork I have done. Everybody can do it, everybody will have their own experience, depending on what your body and mind need. "
Lena Voigt, project manager and coach, DE
“I remember leaving each time with a desire to preserve that wonderful feeling of fullness... And even today, some years after the experience, I practice some exercises that I learned with Xica to maintain the health, connection and expression that her classes provide. <3 Try it and enjoy it !!!”
Ana Flávia Crispiniano, actress, director, teacher, producer and researcher of theater, BR
"It was a very important experience to my life as an actor, as researcher of the body as an expressive tool. And for my quality of life."
Pedro Felício, actor, writer, musician and cartoonist, BR
MULTI-CLASS-CARDS and PER-MONTH-CONTRACTS
Cards booked at the end of the season will have their validity period automatically continued on the next season (beginning of September).
10X Card - 135€ *
5X Card - 70€ *
Monthly - 50€
Monthly (twice/week) - 75€ *
Drop in - 15€
* can be paid in up to 3 installments upon a bank "standing order"